Technical Writing Courses
The content writing course, learn effective business writing and effective technical writing fast.
- You'll be able to compose clear
- concise communications.
- You'll be able to improve readability of your documents.
- You'll be able to better organize your ideas and thoughts.
API Documentation1: Teaches technical writers how to document structured data. No programming experience required.
- Read and understand structured data in JSON and XML formats.
- Write documentation for JSON and XML files
- for API documentation or other types of documentation.
- Understand how to edit JSON and XML for tools that generate documentation.
API Documentation 2: Teaches technical writers how to document REST. No programming experience required.
- Understand the basics of how REST works.
- Understand the basics of authentication and authorization.
- Create reference documentation for REST requests.
API Documentation 3: Teaches technical writers how to write API overview material, tutorials, etc.
- Write API conceptual documentation
- such as overviews
- getting started sections
- and tutorials.
- Make calls to REST APIs using visual and command-line tools.
- Find an open source project to document as a way of gaining experience.
Learn to both code and write about code
- Understand basic programming concepts
- Write documentation for functions
- and enumerations
Technical Writing: How to Become a Profitable, Reliable, and Successful Technical Writer
- Identify the goals of technical writing
- Research the writing topic
- Investigate writing competition
Create your first technical document by applying the principles and techniques of technical writing taught by Pro Writer
- In this beginner-level course you will learn the principles of technical writing
- how to create a document template
- and how to write your first User Guide.
Learn professional writing skills that will help you advance in your career
- How to write technical documents that meet the needs of your readers
- Which resources to use to help you write with more confidence
- How to choose the best words to use
Learn a proven strategy for writing software docu in GitHub wiki based on the 12 main principles of technical writing!
- Learn what is required to start working on the software documentation for an app
- Learn how to write documentation in GitHub Wiki using Markdown
- Try out tools and infrastructure that helps you immediately get started writing your help content
How to Become a Modern and Successful Technical Writer Using DITA XML
- Learn to write using DITA XML topics and maps
- Produce documentation deliverables using Oxygen XML Author tool
- Reuse on maps level (mapref)
- topic level (topicref)
- topic element level (conref) and table rows (conref - conrefend)
Get started writing in DITA XML in less than 2 hours!
- Learn to write using DITA XML
- Create DITA maps
- Create DITA topics
A guide to simple, lean, and agile technical communication for PMs, BAs, and Technical Writers.
- Why Technical Documentation & Communication Are Vital To Any Project
- How To Turn Complicated Ideas Into Simple
- Lean & Agile Communication
- How To Avoid Common Pitfalls & Mistakes
A framework to follow when you write software documentation about an API as a technical writer
- What is API?
- What is API documentation?
- Which steps to follow to create API documentation?
Lean how to efficiently organize your work as a tech writer.
- Define the scope of the user guide
- Plan the content of the user guide
- so that it meets requirements of your stakeholders
- Prioritize the order of creating the content of the user guide
Master the most fundamental principles of effective written communication in one hour
- How to communicate effectively in written form
A concise guide on how to write technical reports and avoid making common mistakes
- You will be able to write accurate and concise reports that get your message across
- Make sure your reports get read
- Make the right impression